Wednesday, 08 April, 2020 Reply to:
(Use contact form below)
Introduction of Representative Office
The Representative Office (RO) is a liaison office representing its parent company overseas. A RO is not an independent legal entity, is not allowed to directly engage in business activities. RO can't issue official invoices, signing sales or purchase contracts, or receiving payments from its clients.
Important note: Parent company must be established for more than 2 years.
Name of office
The name of representative office should be in the form of “country +name of parent company + Guangzhou representative office”.
The business scope of representative office is only engage in non-profit making activities related to parent company.
Registered capital is not required for representative office formation.
Functions of Representative Office
1、Carry out market research, exhibition and publicity activities for its parent company in local market
2、Conduct quality inspection on goods and provide promotional materials to potential clients or trading partners
3、Disseminate information about new products and services of parent company
4、Communicate and liaise with local suppliers on behalf of parent company
5、Act as a coordinator for activities of parent company in China
1. original of Articles of Association of parent company notarized by local lawyer and endorsed by Chinese embassy or consulate overseas.
2. original legal business certificate for more than two years and domicile certificate of parent company notarized by local lawyer and endorsed by Chinese embassy or consulate in that country.
4. Certificate with company stamp or signature of lesser and landlord identification documents (The lessee should be acted by chief representative, or parent company. The area is required no less than 30 ㎡ and for office use only with more than one year’s rent and the lease) contract should be endorsed by local Housing Management Authority
5. Appointment Letter issued by parent company notarized by local lawyer and endorsed by Chinese embassy or consulate in that country
6. Authorization Letter issued by parent company notarized by local lawyer and endorsed by Chinese embassy or consulate in that country
7. Chief Representative, general representative’s passport notarized by local lawyer and endorsed by Chinese embassy or Chinese consulate overseas.
8. The resume of the chief representative, general representative
9. China Chief Representative documents: 2 photos (2 inches size), passport copy and resume.
Once all documents are ready, the whole procedure takes about one month.
Follow-up Service of RO we could provide:
1、Bookkeeping and tax return
2、Annual Audit Report
3、Registration Certificate alteration
4、Work permit application
For further information or assistance, please feel free to contact us.