|Compensation||: 14,000-20,000 per month|
|Company||: China Daily|
Job description – Digital Editor |
China’s most widely read English-language media organization China Daily is looking to recruit experienced digital editors to work at its office in Wuxi, Jiangsu province.
Digital editors play a key role at China Daily, working with our team of Chinese writers to polish content for the newspaper, websites and social media feeds.
Editors are also occasionally asked to undertake reporting assignments for the China Daily newspaper and website, as well as help with the production of video content. This will sometimes require travelling to locations across China for up to a week.
This is a fast-paced role, which requires you to be able to write and edit high quality, error-free copy to tight deadlines. You will be a native English speaker.
Knowledge of China, a patient, diligent attitude, and good teamwork skills are also essential.
We consider our digital editor roles to be ideally suited for ambitious professionals looking to build a career in journalism, social media or editing.
We also offer an attractive package of benefits, including free accommodation (near company) and health insurance.
Please see the full job description below. If you think you are suitable for the role, please e-mail your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Also, we want to see how you present yourself and how you use language. So, along with your application please upload a short video of yourself talking about your hometown. Introduce it to us; tell us why someone might want to visit –– really sell it! Upload it to YouTube or any site on the internet and include the link for us in your cover letter.
We Are Looking For:
1. Assist Chinese editors with reporting and crafting articles to make sure they follow prescribed editorial style and format guidelines.
2. Assist in research and assessment work for projects, giving opinions and suggestions.
3. Hold journalism-related sharing sessions to enhance Chinese writers' English writing skills.
4. Undertake reporting projects for China Daily as required.
5. Take part in new media projects, including presenting videos for our social media channels, helping to write scripts for our Chinese staff, doing voiceovers for our videos, and adding any input as necessary to help us produce high-quality media content.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of application, then please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
It is NOT ok to contact this poster about other services, products or commercial interests.