Summer EAP Teachers Wanted in Former French Concession (Xuhui District)
Thursday, 15 June, 2017 Updated On:
Thursday, 15 June, 2017 Reply to:
(Use contact form below)
: commensurate with qualifications
ELS Language Centers is the largest provider of on-campus EAP training in the United States. ELS – Shanghai is ELS's only official language center in China. We are located in an historic compound in the former French Concession, the heart of Shanghai, with many international shops and activities located nearby. We have American management and teaching staff with years of experience in China. We are looking for experienced ELS instructors to join our program for the summer and beyond.
Visit www.els.cn for more information about ELS in Shanghai.
To teach SSP (Structure Speaking Practice), Vocabulary Enrichment, Reading and Writing, and LTC (Language Technology Center) classes.
• To prepare lesson plans, exercises and tests.
• To test, evaluate and counsel the student regarding his/her classroom performance.
• To coordinate instruction, attendance records and evaluation with other teachers.
• To complete administrative paperwork as required or requested.
• To maintain performance and attendance records.
• To maintain Center resource materials and files.
• To participate in administrative meetings and professional development activities.
• To develop and/or refine teaching materials at the local level.
• B.A./B.S. is required. B.A./B.S. in TESOL, education, or related field is preferred.
• TEFL/TESOL certification is required. CELTA, M.A. in TESOL or Applied Linguistics are preferred.
• A minimum of two years of teaching experience, with preference given to experience relevant to the ELS curriculum and methodologies.
• Cultural sensitivity; personal satisfaction derived from and enthusiasm for teaching international students; empathy for the problems of learning English as a foreign language; good communication and organizational skills
For more information about working at ELS Shanghai, reply to this listing with your resume and cover letter.